Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Here We Go

Alright so here it goes, blog entry number one I guess you could say. We started this blog basically as a way to reach out and post what we, real college students, feel about the health and fitness world. Day to day we plan to be posting about our personal goals, successes, resistance training programs, supplements, and basically anything else you can think of.

I can start it off today as Day 1.

Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the gym today and I honestly will not be able to all week at least till Friday that is. It sucks. I got an incredibly busy schedule so my goal to get down to 210 pounds has been a long battle. I started this goal during Christmas break of 2009. Back then I weighed 270 and honestly had lost control. Since then I have got back on track and am weighing in at 230. To get to this point I went on an extremely strict diet plan consisting of next to nothing.

Since then I have become a little more realistic in what I need to be in taking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Yes I am closer to my goal than ever right now, but I am at that final push that’s giving me the hardest time. I want to cheat and eat whatever I want but I know I can’t. As one of my friends says “eat a lot of fiber and drink a lot of coffee, everything else you eat will slide right out…shit like a champion.” Unfortunately this isn’t the right option for me. I’m going more on the Slow-Carb diet created by Tim Ferris who wrote the Four Hour Body (which honestly is the first book I have reading about 5 years, so you know it’s got to be good check it out). This diet has been amazing for me, it fits my life style perfectly and I’m excited to keep going on it.

So at this point I have kind of rambled but now you guys know where I’m at and where I want to be. I plan on updating daily so you can see the progress or the revelations I have while working through this. Until the next one…

1 comment: